New to Christ Church? The Episcopal Church?
The Christian Faith?
Start Your Journey with Covenant Class
Covenant Class is a 10-week introduction geared to people who want to know more about Christ Church - whether newcomers to the church or life-long Episcopalians - to get better acquainted with the clergy, staff, parish leaders, and other newcomers to Christ Church. In this class we explore what it means to be part of the church, learn about the Episcopal Church and its history, worship, and mission, and participants can reach a better understanding of the part they can play in their new church home. The capstone event to Covenant Class for many is baptism, confirmation, reception from another Christian tradition or reaffirmation of your baptismal vows.
This is a good starting point if you are exploring the Christian Faith and have questions. Covenant Class provides the context of a safe, small group community where questions and expressing doubt and hope are welcome and encouraged. It provides an opportunity for fellowship and a chance to make new friends. Most importantly, it provides a sacred space in which to begin to live out God’s invitation to your heart.
Covenant Class is strongly suggested for those who seek formal membership in the Episcopal Church and at Christ Church.
The Covenant Class holds two sessions of classes a year and meets on certain Wednesday evenings from 7:00 to 8:45 p.m. For more information or to find out the date and time of the next Covenant Class meeting, please contact Linda Fischer, Covenant Class co-moderator. Click here to send Linda an email.
Covenant Class Topics
- Starting the Journey (Introduction to Covenant Class and the small group process)
- Holy Scripture (The Bible – What is it? How did it come to be? How should I read it?)
- Christianity, The Episcopal Church and The Book of Common Prayer – An Historic and Theological Overview
- Baptism and Confirmation (How to become a Christian? What does it mean to reaffirm one’s faith?)
- The Episcopal Church and The Book of Common Prayer today – A Practical Overview
- Prayer and Spirituality
- The History of Music in the Church and The Meaning of Stewardship
- Christ Church Today: Mission and Outreach, Service and Participation
- Shared Meal – Pay it Forward (Giving Back and Moving Forward)